I come from a big family of entrepreneurs. Living in Brazil, my grandfather was very poor and worked at any job he could find, until he decided to open up a Bakery. Now, my aunt is the owner and the bakery was able to grow over several years under my aunts management. The bakery did so well that she was able to send her sons to study in the United States. In South Florida, my other uncle used my grandfather's business model to build his own bakery. It is now the main meeting place for all Brazilians in Deerfield Beach. I grew up in this Bakery. I was there when he expanded it, and added a bar to watch soccer games on the weekend. My dad has recently acquires a smoothie shop that he is taking over from a previous owner. The shop, Smoothie Jungle, serves a wide variety of sandwiches, wraps, açai bowls, and smoothie options. Everything is all natural and fresh. He drives early in the morning to by all the produce fresh daily. I have always had great respect for my family and their business aspirations. I hope that with my education at UF and this course, I can take the family business to the next level and continue the family tradition.
Hi Kassylla,
ReplyDeletethat's awesome that your family has been able to be so successful and have such a strong entrepreneurial background. It is always amazing to see how people from outside the United States come over and make it an even better place to be. I hope that once you graduate you are able to make your family business a household name throughout Florida, maybe a shop in Gainesville too.
Hi Kassylla! Your family has an awesome story. I am inspired by all the hard work your grandfather did to bring your family the success it has now. I am sure it makes him proud to see you, your father and aunt carrying on his spirit of entrepreneurship. My family is trying to be the first generation to start the family business. My mother bakes and decorates custom cakes through her business, Sweet Moni's, and my oldest sister has a catering business, Stuffed. I hope to hear stories of my kids and grandkids carrying on the legacies that we are working hard on. Congrats again to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteHi Kassylla! Your story about your family is amazing. My parents also own their own business and grew up working there during breaks and in the summer. Your family seems to be very successful in their endeavors. While I am not following in their footsteps by taking over the family business like you are, I am taking what I learned from them and applying it to my own path.
ReplyDeleteKassylla--
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that your Grandfather had such a good business model that your Father used the same one to open up a business in the states. Love hearing about stuff like that. Also on a side note reading your post made me really want a smoothie. Might take a road trip down to Deerfield Beach... Great post though, hope the businesses are still killing it!