Thursday, February 28, 2019

16 - What's Your Secret Sauce?



Five Ways in which I think I have Human Capital:

1.    Social Capital – By speaking multiple languages and immersing myself in different cultures, I am able to connect with many different people and build strong relationships all over the world.

2.    Leadership – Through experience and learning, I have been able to motivate and influence groups of people to achieve common goals.

3.    Passion – I have always been encouraged to pursue my dreams. I am extremely passionate about sustainability, particularly in the business world. I truly believe that I will make a difference because of my unwavering conviction.

4.    Resourcefulness / Problem Solving – I believe I have a strong capacity to find the root of a problem and come up with reasonable solutions under pressure and in a timely manner.

5.    Diligence – I am attentive to the work and effort I exert in any situation, and I hold myself accountable for the responsibilities that I take on.

What the 5 people that know me best had to say:

-       Girlfriend: I met my girlfriend when I was a supervisor at Starbucks. She talks about my leadership qualities and my ability to delegate and handle tasks. Also, she is someone who knows how passionate I am about cultural diversity and connection.



-       Brother: My little brother talks about my intelligence and independence growing up. He witnesses first-hand how I struggled to apply for colleges and receive financial aid because I was the first in my family to attend an American university.



-       Mother: My mom and I have always been very close. In this interview, she mentions how we can always have great conversations about any topic. She also notes that I have loved reading ever since I was in Kindergarten and was very studious as a kid.



-       Roommate: My roommate and I get along really well. In this interview, she says how she can always rely on my organizational skills and my commitment to my responsibilities.



-       Best Friend: My best friend has known me a long time. She speaks about my motivation to achieve long-term goals. She knows I can be confident, sometimes too confident in my abilities.




Reflection: The human capital attributes that I believe I possess are very similar to the ones that others noted. The one that stood out to me was confidence. From my perspective, I get really excited when I'm talking to other people, and some people may interpret that as confidence. I think there will always be a difference in how you see yourself and how others see you. But it makes me really happy to see that the people I choose to surround myself with really understand who I am as a person.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kassylla, your interviewees had really nice things to say about you! I think you have some great qualities that not many people have. All of the qualities you have will help you so much with your passion for sustainability in business. I hope you are successful with your future career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kassylla,

    It is always great to have a boost of confidence every once in a while. Surrounding yourself with a group of people that will support and encourage you is priceless especially when you are venturing out into new business opportunities. I agree that confidence is a great attribute to have as an entrepreneur. Combined with the five other attributes that you listed, you are destined for success! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete